Families in our communities are stronger because of our volunteers, donors, community partners and other supporters. Together, we all help families overcome devastating crises and rise up stronger than ever. On Tuesday, May 17, we honored those in the Sarasota region who have helped us lend a hand up to families here. Over the years, Better Together has served more than 3,400 children.
While all our supporters have a vital role in our success, we recognized the following with our annual special awards for going above and beyond:
- Host Family of the Year: Lisa and Seth von Marschall
- Family Advocate of the Year: Kim Harry
- Doug Campbell Generosity Award: The Bill & Ann Templeton Foundation
- Church Partner of the Year: First Baptist Church of Bradenton
- Community Partner of the Year: Sarasota County Jail – Re-entry Navigator Team
- Department of Children and Families Partner of the Year: Emily Higgs
- Better Together Staff Appreciation: Jessica Braemer
Thank you to our generous sponsors: Grace Community Church, Rise & Nye’s, Target, The Purple Lotus Flower Shop, The Farm House, BonFire Ministries, Detwiler’s Farm Market, Sonny’s BBQ, Children’s Therapy Solutions, Inc., and Chick-fil-A — Addie’s Corner.
Photos from the event
Click on images to view full size