The Better Together team is seeking a Program Support Specialist to oversee the organization’s administrative efforts in Southwest Florida. The Program Support Specialist will strengthen administrative support, primarily to the Family Care Coordinators, which will result in increasing our impact in the community. The administrative support will also help strengthen relationships with volunteers, community partners and clients in the community. The Program Support Specialist will report to the Regional Executive Director.
An ideal candidate, at a minimum, should have a bachelor’s degree and should feel called to minister to children and families in crisis and share our passion for freeing people from dependence on government welfare and poverty. We are looking for someone who has demonstrated strong skills in administration, data entry, project management and attention to detail. A successful candidate will be a self-starter who is comfortable working remotely, has a demonstrated ability to analyze data, can handle multiple projects at once and who thrives when challenged. Due to the nature of our work, candidates must be able to pass a Level 2 background check.
CULTURE & FIT
Success at Better Together depends not only on a person’s skills, but also on their ability to fit the culture of Better Together. If you answer “yes” to all the following questions, then you may be a fit for the team if your skill sets match the requirements below. The vast majority of those who don’t get hired or don’t last at Better Together lack a fit with these values, so they really matter. Be prepared to have very candid conversations about them in our interview process.
- Do you have strong administrative skills and are you detail-oriented?
- Are you tech savvy?
- Do you enjoy checklists and ensuring that projects are finished?
- Are you great at multitasking?
- Are you comfortable with research and reaching out to cold leads?
- Do you enjoy organizing and planning events?
- Do you wholeheartedly agree that the church can end the foster care crisis?
- Do you typically go above and beyond to help others?
- Would you be excited about being on a fast-paced team with big goals?
- Do you believe volunteers can change the world?
- Are you eager to grow professionally?
- Are you self-disciplined and able to work in a remote setting?
- Do you have a positive outlook on life?
- Do you have a love for people?
- Do you strive to do your best at everything even when no one is reviewing it?
- Do you prioritize team success over individual recognition?
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Program Support Specialist will have four primary roles:
- Scheduling and Coordinating
- Volunteer Pipeline
- Data Entry and Management
These roles break down into several responsibilities, including:
- Research churches that might be a good fit for Better Together.
- Analyze data to determine communities of need.
- Research events and other partnerships that help Better Together further its impact.
- Research resources for families, such as housing and groups that assist financially.
Scheduling and Coordinating
- Schedule and confirm all details for church launches, which includes all materials needed, speakers, volunteers for support and anything else needed for their success.
- Schedule volunteer trainings throughout the year and alongside church launches.
- Assist with launches, trainings and events as needed.
- Schedule and assist with planning efforts for outreach and parent support events.
- Assist Family Care Coordinators with community referrals and follow-up.
- Create calendar events and to-do lists on Basecamp for events.
- Provide administrative support for volunteer appreciation receptions.
- Coordinate internship opportunities that will support programs.
- Ensure that all volunteer approval documentation is completed and documented accurately within the database and team scorecards.
- Track volunteer data and run regional volunteer reports.
- Oversee the volunteer pipeline, to ensure that volunteers are moving timely and efficiently through the process.
- Communicate with volunteers while in the process to ensure excellent customer service and support that results in approval (if appropriate) and engagement.
Data Entry and Management
- Create cases on Salesforce and upload all paperwork into files.
- Enter documentation into family files in Salesforce as needed.
- Ensure that all volunteer information is uploaded and complete.
- Enter all churches and community partnership relationships into Salesforce.
- Create and send reports to churches.
- Other duties as assigned.
TIMING, LOCATION & COMPENSATION
Better Together seeks to fill this position immediately. This is a full-time position with events occurring in the evening and on weekends. Better Together is headquartered in Naples, Florida, but this is a remote position. The candidate must live in Southwest Florida (Collier, Lee, Charlotte, Sarasota, Manatee, DeSoto, Hendry or Glades counties). Better Together offers salary and benefits that are very competitive, including a great culture with a dynamic team.
Email resume and cover letter to: Kristianna@bettertogetherus.org.