The Better Together team is seeking a Partnership Manager to oversee the organization’s efforts to build new relationships with churches, local donors, employers and other key community partners in the organization’s Northeast Florida region, which includes Duval, Nassau and Clay counties. The Partnership Manager will research and share our programs to help inspire more people to get involved and support the mission of Better Together. The Partnership Manager will report to the Region Executive Director and also work closely with the strategic partnership team.
An ideal candidate will have a minimum of a high school diploma; associate degree preferred. They should have a passion for the mission of Better Together and the work we do to strengthen families through compassionate community and employment.
We are looking for someone who has demonstrated strong sales skills, excellent verbal and written communication, and attention to detail. A successful candidate will be a self-starter who enjoys researching, prospecting and closing key partnerships in the community that will help further the mission of Better Together.
CULTURE & FIT
Success at Better Together depends not only on a person’s skills, but also on their ability to fit the culture of Better Together. If you answer “yes” to all the following questions, then you may be a fit for the team if your skill sets match the requirements below. The vast majority of those who don’t get hired or don’t last at Better Together lack a fit with these values, so they really matter. Be prepared to have very candid conversations about them in our interview process.
- Do you enjoy networking and making new connections?
- Do you enjoy sales?
- Would you enjoy speaking at churches?
- Do you have a positive outlook on life?
- Are you a self-starter who is able to take initiative on projects?
- Do you often challenge yourself and your capacity?
- Would you be excited about being on a fast-paced team with big goals?
- Do you enjoy public speaking?
- Are you self-disciplined and able to work in a remote setting?
- Do you take great pride in your work, even when no one is looking?
- Do you enjoy learning and looking for professional growth development?
- Do you believe in the power of volunteerism and second chances?
- Are you comfortable with rejection?
- Are you a creative problem solver?
- Do you prioritize team success over individual recognition?
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Partnership Manager will have four primary roles:
- Prospecting and Closing
These roles break down into several responsibilities, including:
- Research potential churches, donors, employers and other key partners that would be a great fit for Better Together.
- Research network events that could result in new partnerships.
- Research speaking opportunities that could result in new partnerships.
Prospecting and Closing
- Manage strategy for local lead acquisition.
- Convert cold, warm and hot leads into Better Together partnerships.
- Create marketing emails to send to researched leads.
- Close meetings with potential partners.
- Track research, leads and conversion in CRM system.
- Conduct community presentations that result in potential leads for Better Together.
- Speak at church launches and other church-driven events that will result in additional partnerships (e.g. volunteers, donors, employers, etc.).
- Prospect events to maximize your efforts in connecting with the right partners.
- Build personal connections with those in attendance; learn more about individuals in attempt to find way we can collaborate and connect with new partners.
- Follow up with all leads from each event via email or phone call within 24 hours.
- Schedule calls or meetings with prospective leads.
- Other duties as assigned.
TIMING, LOCATION, & COMPENSATION
Better Together seeks to fill this position immediately. This is a full-time position with events occurring in the evening and weekends. Better Together is headquartered in Naples, Florida, but this is a remote position. The candidate must live in Duval, Nassau or Clay County. Better Together offers salary and benefits that are very competitive, including a great culture with a dynamic team.
Email resume and cover letter to: Hiring@bettertogetherus.org.