The Better Together team seeks an Outreach Director to organize, coordinate, lead, and execute community outreaches and events in the organization’s North Central Florida region, which includes Marion, Hernando and Sumter counties. The Outreach Director is key in building trust and relationships with key communities that result in more families served by Better Together hosting and mentoring programs.
An ideal candidate will have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in social work or another human service-related degree with at least three years of direct experience working with vulnerable children and families. They should feel called to minister to children and families in crisis and share our passion for keeping children out of foster care and families together. He or she will be a self-starter who is comfortable working remotely, has a demonstrated ability to organize events and outreaches, analyzes problems and finds creative solutions, and thrives when challenged.
CULTURE & FIT
Success at Better Together depends not only on a person’s skills but also on their ability to fit the culture of Better Together. If you answer “yes” to all the following questions, you may be a fit for the team if your skill sets match the requirements below. The vast majority of those who don’t get hired or don’t last at Better Together lack a fit with these values, so they matter. Be prepared to have very candid conversations about them in our interview process.
- Do you believe in people and their potential?
- Do consider yourself a positive and optimistic person?
- Do you consider yourself a good coach and encourager?
- Are you OK working evenings and weekends?
- Would you enjoy speaking at churches?
- Do you enjoy working on a fast-paced team?
- Do you have a personal connection to our mission?
- Do you enjoy planning events and coordinating volunteers?
- Do you consider yourself someone who has a lot of empathy for others?
- Do you understand poverty and consider yourself culturally competent?
- Are you able to build meaningful relationships and easily create trust with others?
- Are you self-disciplined and able to work in a remote setting?
- Would you think outside the box to help a family get a good outcome?
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Outreach Director will have four primary roles:
- Program Awareness and Family Support
- Community Partnerships
- Church Engagement
- Volunteer Engagement
These roles break down into several responsibilities, including:
Program Awareness and Family Support
- Plan parent support events (e.g. Parents’ Night Out and Better Luncheons)
- Plan and coordinate outreach events (flyer walks, pop-up events, etc.)
- Coordinate parent support for families in need
- Build relationships and trust with families in the communities we serve
- Attend other community outreach events
- Assist with intakes as needed
- Build relationships with partners who work in key communities.
- Collaborate with community partners on program awareness events
- Make community presentations and engage in public speaking
- Identify and engage new targeted communities based on needs
- Help connect families to other community resources
- Speak at church launches and small group settings
- Engage churches with program awareness events and outreach
- Assist with volunteer recruitment and engagement
- Seek church support in parent support and wrap-around services
- Engage volunteers in program awareness events
- Build volunteer leaders and teams to assist with community outreach
- Adhere to all Better Together policies and procedures.
TIMING, LOCATION & COMPENSATION
Better Together seeks to fill this position as soon as possible. The job is full-time, which will require work in the evenings and weekends. In addition, the Outreach Director will participate in our on-call schedule rotation and support the Family Care Coordinators during times of heavy case volume and/or staff shortage. Better Together is headquartered in Naples, Florida, but this position must live in Marion, Hernando or Sumter County. The work is remote and requires a home office. A majority of time in this role will be spent in the community, helping families. Better Together offers a very competitive salary and benefits, including an incredible culture with a dynamic team.
Email resume and cover letter to: Hiring@bettertogetherus.org.