Better Together works to end the root causes of poverty, dependency, divorce, and child abuse by leveraging the power of the local church to provide struggling families with supportive relationships and meaningful work. Once properly supported, families can achieve independence, stay together, and thrive.
Better Together recognizes that true change doesn’t come from a government program, but from the local community – neighbors, friends, churches, and other charitable organizations befriending and investing in those in need. Our goal is to unleash this vast and powerful resource to transform lives in Sarasota/Manatee Florida.
The Sarasota/Manatee Regional Director will engage and cultivate relationships with donors, churches, volunteers and Community stakeholders in order to help grow the program in Sarasota/Manatee counties. Help build and strengthen relationships between organizations in the community by connecting with agencies that provide needed resources.
- Relationship Prospecting: The Sarasota/Manatee Regional Director will attend events, meetings, and networking opportunities in order to prospect donors, churches, community partners, and volunteers that will help further the impact and mission of both programs.
- Church Engagement and Cultivation: The Sarasota/Manatee Regional Director will engage existing and new churches to help support the mission and vision of Better Together. This includes volunteer recruitment, Better Jobs engagement, outreach, financial support, wrap around services, working with families and resource partners. The Sarasota/Manatee Regional Director will onboard new church partners within the Sarasota/Manatee counties. He or she will emphasize outreach in strategic areas, as designated by the Executive Director of programs.
- Ministry Lead Coordinator: The Sarasota/Manatee Regional Director will prospect and identify a ministry lead in each church. They will train and support the ministry lead so he or she can direct the church’s activities to wrap around families serving vulnerable children within their community.
- Church Presentations/Launches: The Sarasota/Manatee Regional Director will lead church presentations, launches, and speaking events within the Sarasota/Manatee counties.
- Volunteer Training: The Sarasota/Manatee Regional Director will coordinate volunteer training opportunities with the Better Families team and community partners; lead potential volunteers through the recruitment pathway, ensuring all recruitment processes are rigorously followed; connect all volunteers to a ministry lead through a participating Better Together church partner; conduct fingerprint analysis, following up on results; supervise home study contractors; ensure that volunteers are moved through the process quickly and effectively, with a conversion rate of over 80%; provide ongoing support and encouragement to ministry leads, churches, and volunteers; input volunteer information into the database; and maintain other documentation to ensure appropriate volunteer management.
- Program Awareness and Outreach: The Sarasota/Manatee Regional Director will conduct community outreach, which includes presentations, public speaking, and advocating on behalf of both of our programs which result in the development of partnerships with community resource providers and referring agencies for the Better Families program.
- On-Call Support: The Sarasota/Manatee Regional Director will participate in the on-call rotation and will help with case coach support as needed.
Critical Core Talents Required:
- Strong work ethic and high productivity
- Excellent sales skills
- Education and/or experience working with churches
- Compelling public speaker and communicator
- Growth-oriented entrepreneur with a competitive drive
- Strategic thinker with the ability to innovate and be creative
- The ability to build and foster different relationships
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree preferred.
- We are looking for someone who has demonstrated skills in leadership, communication, organization, networking, coaching/training, and motivating volunteers and the community.
- A successful candidate will be a self-starter who is comfortable working remotely, has a demonstrated ability analyzing problems and finding creative solutions, and who thrives when challenged. Due to the nature of our work, candidates must be able to pass a Level Two background check.
- Well organized with a strong attention to detail
- Successful candidates will have a proven track record of successful community outreach, recruitment, and volunteer training and coordination within either church or nonprofit arenas.
- The ideal candidate should feel called to minister to children and families in crisis and share our passion for freeing people from dependence on government welfare and poverty.
Core Success Metrics:
- Prospect new donors and foundations to financially support the mission of Better Together
- Prospect new churches to help support the mission of Better Together
- Engagement of current church partners
- Increase the number of volunteers engaged and serving in our programs
- Increase church financial support to grow our programs
- Help each church partner to create structures to support volunteers serving
- Prospect speaking and public relations opportunities for both programs
- Nurture relationships with current community partners and create new meaningful partnerships.
- Ensure volunteers are adequately trained and properly vetted
Expected Outcomes in the first 90 Days :
- Reach out to 60 prospective church partners
- Engagement to result in 20 meetings (1/3 conversion rate)
- Prospect at least twenty new donors/foundations
- Ensure Community Resource spreadsheets are up to date as we learn of services offered in the community
- 10 Commitments to partner or serious next steps in a church’s journey for local missions (follow-up meeting, appearance at a committee meeting, etc.)
- Introductions: Set up meetings or phone with current church partners
- Recruit 20 new host families and 10 new mentors
- Prospect speaking and public relations opportunities for both programs
- Take full ownership of volunteer training and vetting process.
- Successfully engage in the on-call schedule within 30 days.
Expected Outcomes in the first 12 months:
- Prospect 60 new donors/foundations
- Prospect and research 240 new church partners
- 40 new church partners committed and launched, 150 new volunteers
- Prospect and engage 25 new community and resource partners.
- Over 25 speaking and public relations opportunities
- 80 meetings set (1/3 conversion rate)
- 60 church engagement activities (Launches, outreach, resource drives, etc.)
- Ensure community resource spreadsheets are updated as we learn of services offered in the community
- Suggest process improvements
- Nurture relationships with all existing community partners
- Manage quality, ensuring all volunteers are properly being trained and vetted.
- Create and identify a volunteer outreach team to help with outreach opportunities within the community-engage volunteers
Capacity and Skills:
- Organized and able to prioritize many diverse tasks
- Strong communication skills
- Ease in relating to church culture, staff, and volunteers
- Confident public speaker
- Entrepreneurial attitude with a strong, internal drive
- Comfortable with cold calls and outreach to strangers
- Strong sales and persuasion skills
- Creative problem solver with a positive attitude
- Interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Familiarity with Salesforce, our database.
- Available to be on-call on a rotating schedule.
- Available to work some weekends while on-call, attend important community events, and participate in church launches.
Email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.