The Better Together team is seeking a Northeast Florida Church and Volunteer Engagement Director to oversee the organization’s efforts to build strong, lasting partnerships with Churches in Duval, Clay, Nassau and St. Johns counties. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who loves to research, prospect and build long-term partnerships with churches and feels passionate about the mission of Better Together.
An ideal candidate will have at least three years of relevant experience and a track record of successfully building long-term relationships and partnerships with churches. He or she will have a strong desire to see the gospel change lives in their community through the power of the local church. They will believe the local church is truly a beacon of hope for the hurting and they will be curious about what keeps churches engaged and excited about the mission of the organization. They will thrive on the challenge of bringing on new churches and cultivating those relationships. He or she will be organized, passionate and have excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication.
CULTURE & FIT
Success at Better Together depends not only on a person’s skills, but also on their ability to fit the culture of Better Together. If you answer “yes” to all the following questions, then you may be a fit for the team if your skill sets match the requirements below. The vast majority of those who don’t get hired or don’t last at Better Together are due to a lack of fit with these values, so they really matter. Be prepared to have very candid conversations about them in our interview process.
- Do you have strong administrative skills and are detailed oriented?
- Are you comfortable with sales and actively reaching out to cold leads?
- Are you comfortable working multiple Sundays a month and in the evenings?
- Do you consider yourself a positive and optimistic person?
- Do you wholeheartedly agree that the church can end the foster care crisis?
- Do you typically go above and beyond to help others?
- Would you be excited about being on a fast-paced team with big goals?
- Are you thankful for what God has given you?
- Do you believe volunteers can change the world?
- Do you seize opportunities even when it’s uncomfortable?
- Are you always looking for ways to grow professionally?
- Do you enjoy reading books, listening to podcasts and attending conferences?
- Are you outgoing and enjoy making new connections?
- Do you enjoy public speaking?
- Do you have pride in your work? Even if no one is reviewing it?
- Are you self-disciplined and able to work in a remote setting?
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Northeast Florida Church and Volunteer Engagement Director will have four primary roles:
- Research, Prospect and Close New Church Partners
- Church Launches and Volunteer Recruitment
- Church Engagement and Cultivation
- Volunteer Recruitment and Cultivation
These roles break down into several responsibilities, including:
Research, Prospect and Close New Church Partners
- Researching churches that would be a great fit for Better Together and our mission
- Recruiting churches for Better Families and Better Jobs
- Seeking and executing meetings with new church partners
- Securing new church partnerships and relationships
- Securing financial support from churches in partnership with the development team
- Proactive in follow through and follow up with church leads
Church Launches and Volunteer Recruitment
- Scheduling new church launches and re-launches with existing church partners. This includes speaking and sharing the mission and vision of Better Together at Sunday morning services and/or weeknight church partners’ services.
- Speak at ministry opportunities that may present themselves through existing church partners, ie. women’s ministry conferences, Bible studies, etc.
- Identify additional ways to help recruit volunteers within the community
- Schedule and conduct volunteer trainings alongside church launches throughout the year to accommodate the volunteer recruitment process
Church Engagement and Cultivation
- Oversee and run thank-you process for North Central Florida Church Partners
- Includes entering all churches into Salesforce database, writing thank you cards, making calls and other unique ways to engage and cultivate church and pastoral relationships
- Manage internal and/or external communication to North Central Florida church partners, including producing emails, thank you letters and other church communications
- Spending time with church partners to find creative ways to engage the congregations at each church partner in North Central Florida
- Uncovering needs, assessing opportunities and equipping churches to serve the community through our programs.
Volunteer Recruitment and Cultivation
- Keep new and existing volunteers informed and engaged
- Utilize volunteers to help with events and/or trainings when appropriate
- Recruit volunteers as host families, family mentors, and job coaches
- Successfully manage and move volunteers through the volunteer process to become approved and active volunteers
- Find creative ways to build meaningful relationships with volunteers and keep engaged through all opportunities to serve alongside Better Together.
- Assist family care coordinators in matching volunteers to families that need help.
TIMING, LOCATION & COMPENSATION
Better Together seeks to fill this position by September 1, 2022. This is a full-time position, with volunteer trainings and recruitment events occurring in the evening, and church launches on most weekends. The candidate must be comfortable attending different churches on the weekends to lead church launches. Better Together is headquartered in Naples, Florida, but this is a remote position. The candidate must live in Duval, Clay or Nassau county. Better Together offers salary and benefits that are very competitive, including a great culture with a dynamic team.
Email resume and cover letter to: email@example.com.