The Better Together Team is seeking a Marketing and Communications Manager. They will lead and guide the efforts of the Marketing and communications department. Our marketing and communications Manager are responsible for providing direction, guidance, and leadership to a marketing and communications department.
This an exciting opportunity for someone who loves to create content, share stories and help build community and brand awareness.
An ideal candidate will have at least five years of relevant experience and a track record of successfully overseeing a marketing and communications team, managing contractors, pitching national media, and growing brand awareness. They will be curious about what recruits’ volunteers, churches, and donors to the mission of Better Together and excited about sharing the organization’s mission. They will thrive on the challenge of breaking into new media outlets, bringing on new volunteers, monthly donors, and cultivating those relationships. He or she must be a strong communicator in writing, on the phone, and in one-on-one meetings, and enjoy engaging with people.
CULTURE & FIT
Success at Better Together depends not only on a person’s skills but also on their ability to fit the culture of Better Together. If you answer “yes” to all the following questions, you may be a fit for the team if your skill sets match the requirements below. The vast majority of those who don’t get hired or don’t last at Better Together is due to a lack of fit with these values, so they really matter. Be prepared to have very candid conversations about them in our interview process.
- Do you have strong administrative skills? Detailed oriented and able to prioritize and manage multiple tasks at once?
- Are you a creative problem solver?
- Do big goals intimate you? Or is the sky the limit?
- Do you see opportunities instead of obstacles?
- Do you strive for excellence in all that you do even when no one sees your work?
- Do you wholeheartedly agree with our mission and belief that foster care is not always the best option for children and families (see Better Together website for a full description). That true charity is a hand-up and not a handout?
- Are you good at working as a team to solve the problem? That no job is beneath you, and you are willing to help others as needed and be a team player?
- Are you quick on your feet? Able to work on a fast-paced team?
- Do you seize opportunities to try new things or improve a skill that’s relevant to your company or role?
- Are you a strong writer? Are you good at storytelling?
- Are you aware of your strengths and weaknesses, and do you practice getting help from others to mitigate your weaknesses?
- Are you okay with the status quo? Or are you always trying to improve and do better?
- Are you self-disciplined and able to work in a remote setting?
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Marketing and Communications Manager will have four primary roles:
- Ownership of marketing and communication’s department
- Written content creation and strategy
- Pitching Florida based and National media outlets
- Website oversight, management and content creation
These roles break down into several responsibilities, including:
Ownership of marketing and communication’s department
- Overseeing marketing department
- Evaluating and developing marketing strategic plan
- Planning, directing and coordinating all marketing efforts
- Competitor research
- Understanding and managing marketing budget
- Coordinating marketing projects from start to finish
- Overseeing marketing and communication contractors
- Recruit and manage marketing and communication interns
Written content creation and strategy
- Writing and deploying Better Together monthly newsletter
- Writing content for social media and website
- Strategy, storyboarding and scripts for videos
- Strategy and support to the development team
- Write and deploy all additional company emails
- Create and copy-edit website blogs
Pitching Florida and National Media outlets
- Research potential media connections (written, radio and TV)
- Pitch media outlets
- Cultivation of media partners
- Preparing team or volunteers for interviews
- Coordinate with public relation contractors
Website oversight, management and content creation
- Oversee and manage website forms
- Post events, job openings, blogs and media to website
- Review and continue to improve SEO
- Ad creation, placement and management
TIMING, LOCATION, & COMPENSATION
Better Together is seeking to fill this position no later than August 1st, 2021. This is a full-time position but will require some evening and weekend work. Better Together is headquartered in Naples, Florida but this is a remote position. The candidate must reside in the state of Florida. Better Together offers salary and benefits that are very competitive, including a great culture with a dynamic team.
Email Resume and Cover Letter to: Lora@bettertogetherus.org