The Better Together team seeks a dynamic Florida Operations Director to oversee and support our Better Families and Better Jobs programs in the state of Florida. They will play a key role in ensuring that these programs have a significant impact in the state.
An ideal candidate will have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in social work or another human service-related degree with at least five years of direct experience working with vulnerable children and families. They should have a strong passion for keeping children safe and families together. We’re looking for a strong leader who is gifted in communication, administration and is a creative problem solver. He or she should be a self-starter who is comfortable working in a remote environment.
CULTURE & FIT
Success at Better Together depends not only on a person’s skills but also on their ability to fit the culture of Better Together. If you answer “yes” to all the following questions, you may be a fit for the team if your skill sets match the requirements below. The vast majority of those who don’t get hired or don’t last at Better Together lack a fit with these values, so they matter. Be prepared to have very candid conversations about them in our interview process.
- Are you detail-oriented and able to prioritize and manage multiple tasks at once?
- Are you a creative problem solver?
- Do you enjoy helping people grow professionally?
- Do you enjoy public speaking?
- Do you wholeheartedly agree that the church can end the foster care crisis?
- Do you have empathy and compassion for parents in crisis?
- Do you understand poverty and consider yourself culturally competent?
- Do you believe that no job is beneath you and are you willing to step in and help?
- Do you enjoy working on a fast-paced team?
- Are you able to build meaningful relationships (creating trust) with people you only see face-to-face a few times a month?
- Are you self-disciplined and able to work in a remote setting?
- Do you have strong administration skills?
- Are you comfortable with traveling across Florida several times a month?
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Florida Operations Director will have four primary roles:
- Leadership, Metrics and Accountability
- Supervision and Support
- Program Engagement and Cultivation
- Program Innovation
These roles break down into several responsibilities, including:
Leadership, Metrics and Accountability
- Hire and retain qualified staff.
- Coach, motivate and support team members.
- Meet regional annual goals and metrics of success.
- Oversee program budget and help directors manage regional budgets.
- Strategic planning and problem solving.
- Program evaluation and reporting.
- Execute strategic plan and obtain results.
Supervision and Support
- Ensure that all Better Families policies and procedures are being implemented.
- Provide oversight and support to executive directors.
- Submit accurate, complete, and timely required reports.
- De-escalation and creative problem-solving support.
- Step in and be available when executive directors are unavailable.
- On-call to region directors.
Program Engagement and Cultivation
- Engage and cultivate state partnerships to help support Better Together.
- Conduct key presentations and meetings.
- Engage and cultivate donors at events and program activities.
- Help region directors identify, manage and engage community board members.
- Conduct key program and church presentations.
- Innovate and enhance quality of services.
- Create tools, training and resources for executive directors.
- Enhance policies and procedures.
- Innovate and Improve trainings and materials.
TIMING, LOCATION, & COMPENSATION
Better Together seeks to fill this position as soon as possible. The job is full-time and will require work in the evenings and on weekends. This position requires monthly travel around the state of Florida. Better Together is headquartered in Naples, Florida, but this position must live in the state of Florida. The team works remotely, which requires a home office. Although this is a remote job, the director will spend a majority of their time in the community. Better Together offers a very competitive salary and benefits, including an incredible culture with a dynamic team.
Email resume and cover letter to: Kristianna@bettertogetherus.org.