Thu, Jan 30, 2020 - Fri, Jan 31, 2020
10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Join us for a two-day training in preparation for the Nationwide Day of Second Chances, the largest single-day second chances job fair ever!
The training will take place at our headquarters in Southwest Florida, but will be simulcast so you can watch live and online from anywhere in the country. If your church would like to volunteer as a host location for other churches in your region to come and participate together, then please indicate that when you register.
We will announce simulcast host locations soon. Otherwise, we encourage your church’s team to view the training together online.
What to expect:
The first day will be a training and informational session. We will make sure you have all the information needed to execute your Second Chances Job Fair in April. This day is reserved only for church staff and volunteers.
The second day will be a workday when you will dive in and execute the bulk of the planning for your event so you finish the training ready to hit the ground running. This day is open to community partners as well, so feel free to invite any nonprofits or others with whom you would like to collaborate.
You will learn how to:
- Identify and recruit the right business partners
- Build a coalition to support your church
- Reach your audience and communicate your message
- Plan your event and manage your project plan
- Recruit and train volunteers to serve on the day of the fair
- And everything else you need to run a successful event with no guesswork!