The Better Together team seeks a bright and highly motivated individual to support our fundraising operations. The full-time Donor Administrator will be responsible for data entry and reporting, development administration, event coordination, and donor communication. This position may require occasional evening or weekend work and will report to the development director.
An ideal candidate will have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in business administration or another business-related degree or at least five years of experience in an administrative role. They should share our passion and mission of keeping families together and children out of foster care. They should have demonstrated leadership, excellent communication, and organization and be detail-oriented and self-motivating. He or she should be a self-starter who is comfortable working remotely. They must have a track record of being able to manage multiple projects, be consistent and gifted with their attention to detail.
CULTURE & FIT
Success at Better Together depends not only on a person’s skills but also on their ability to fit the culture of Better Together. If you answer “yes” to all the following questions, you may be a fit for the team if your skill sets match the requirements below. The vast majority of those who don’t get hired or don’t last at Better Together lack a fit with these values, so they matter. Be prepared to have very candid conversations about them in our interview process.
- Do you have strong administrative skills?
- Are you excellent with details?
- Are you known for being responsive and having great customer service?
- Do you consider yourself an optimist, who has a positive outlook on life?
- Are you detail-oriented and able to prioritize and manage multiple tasks at once?
- Do you see opportunities instead of obstacles?
- Do you strive for excellence in all that you do even when no one sees your work?
- Do you wholeheartedly agree with our mission and belief that foster care is not always the best option for children and families?
- Do you believe that true charity is a hand-up and not a handout?
- Are you good at working as a team to solve problems?
- Do you believe that no job is beneath you, and are you willing to help others as needed and be a team player?
- Would you be excited about working on a fast-paced team?
- Do you seize opportunities to try new things or improve a skill that’s relevant to your company or role?
- Are you aware of your strengths and weaknesses, and do you practice getting help from others to mitigate your weaknesses?
- Are you always trying to improve and do better?
- Do you have pride in your work — even if no one is reviewing it?
- Are you self-disciplined and able to work in a remote setting?
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Donor Administrator will have four primary roles:
- Data Entry and Reporting
- Development Administration
- Event Coordination and Project Management
- Donor Communication
These roles break down into several responsibilities, including:
Data Entry and Reporting
- Assure that all donations (cash, pledges, matching gifts, and planned gifts) are properly documented in CRM system
- Ensure that all donor records are kept up to date and accurate
- Ensure data integrity through accurate data entry and ongoing clean-up efforts
- Maintain donor reports on Salesforce and pull reports as requested
- Adhere to all policies and procedures
- Process incoming and outgoing mail
- Create donor acknowledgement letters and tax receipts
- Manage donor follow-up items
- Adhere to all policies and procedures
Event Coordination and Project Management
- Research potential venues and vendors and gain contacts
- Manage invitations and follow-ups
- Manage and support event vendors
- Manage event logistics (awards, printing, name tags, decorations, A/V, etc.)
- Serve as the point person for events, to ensure everything goes smoothly
- Acknowledge gifts in a timely manner
- Communicate with donors on the phone, email, and by mail
- Manage house file updates via mail merge
- Send gifts, packets, and follow-ups as requested
TIMING, LOCATION, & COMPENSATION
Better Together seeks to fill this full-time position by March 1, 2023. Better Together is headquartered in Naples, Florida, but this position can work remotely at their home office as long as they are available during workdays. Better Together offers a very competitive salary and benefits, including an incredible culture with a dynamic team.
Email resume and cover letter to: Kristianna@bettertogetherus.org.