The Better Together team seeks a Development Grant Manager to oversee, support, and grow the submission and reporting of grants within the Development Team. He or she will lead the continued development of grants submittals and follow up reports as well as spearhead the growth of new and ongoing grants. They will report to the development director and work as part of a team.
An ideal candidate will have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in creative writing or related field with at least four years of direct experience working on a development team. They should share our passion and mission of empowering people through work and keeping children out of foster care. They should have demonstrated leadership, excellent communication and organization, and be detail-oriented and self-motivating. He or she should be a self-starter who is comfortable working remotely, has a demonstrated ability to analyze problems and find creative solutions, and thrives when challenged.
CULTURE & FIT
Success at Better Together depends not only on a person’s skills but also on their ability to fit the culture of Better Together. If you answer “yes” to all the following questions, you may be a good fit. Be prepared to have very candid conversations about them in our interview process.
- Do you have strong administrative skills? Are you detailed oriented and able to prioritize and manage multiple tasks at once?
- Are you a strong writer?
- Do you see opportunities instead of obstacles?
- Do you strive for excellence in all that you do even when no one sees your work?
- Do you believe that true charity is a hand-up and not a handout?
- Are you good at working as a team to solve problems?
- Do you believe that no job is beneath you, and are you willing to help others as needed and be a team player?
- Are you quick on your feet and able to work on a fast-paced team?
- Do you seize opportunities to try new things or improve a skill that’s relevant to your company or role?
- Are you able to build meaningful relationships (creating trust) with people you only see face-to-face a few times a month?
- Are you aware of your strengths and weaknesses, and do you practice getting help from others to mitigate your weaknesses?
- Are you always trying to improve and do better?
- Do you have pride in your work—even if no one is reviewing it?
- Are you self-disciplined and able to work in a remote setting?
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Development Grant Manager will have four primary roles:
- Grant research and prospecting
- Strategic grant planning and management
- Grant preparation and writing
- Grant reporting and engagement
These roles break down into several responsibilities, including:
Grant Research and Prospecting
- Research potential grant opportunities
- Seek a meeting or informational call
- Research regional data for grant drafting
Strategic Grant Planning and Management
- Track all grants and reporting
- Put together strategy for grants with input from development team
- Accurate, complete, and timely grant submissions and reporting
- Build and maintain relationships with funders
Grant Preparation and Writing
- Draft LOI’s and proposals
- Draft grant budgets with input from the development team
- Gather all supporting documents needed for the proposals and reporting
Grant Reporting and Engagement
- Regularly interact with funders to build and cultivate relationships
- Draft and complete update reports and supporting documentation
- Ensure Better Together adheres to grant agreement and expectations
TIMING, LOCATION, & COMPENSATION
Better Together is seeking to fill this full-time position by September 1, 2022. Better Together is headquartered in Naples, Florida, but this position can work remotely from their home from any location in Florida. If located outside of Naples, Florida, travel will be required quarterly to the Naples area for meetings. Better Together offers a very competitive salary and benefits, including an incredible culture with a dynamic team.
Email resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org