The Better Together Team seeks a Charlotte County Family Care Coordinator to oversee, manage and support families in crisis through our Better Families program. He or she will match clients to an approved volunteer host family or family advocate. They will discuss the referral details, match families needing help to volunteer, coordinate intakes/family conferences, and successfully support both families, resulting in successful reunification.
An ideal candidate will have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in social work or another human service-related degree with at least three years of direct experience working with vulnerable children and families. A Master’s in social work, and child welfare certification preferred. They should feel called to minister to children and families in crisis and share our passion for keeping children out of foster care and families together. They should have demonstrated leadership, communication, organization, networking, coaching/training, and motivating volunteers and the community. He or She will be a self-starter who is comfortable working remotely, has a demonstrated ability to analyze problems and find creative solutions, and thrives when challenged.
CULTURE & FIT
Success at Better Together depends not only on a person’s skills but also on their ability to fit the culture of Better Together. If you answer “yes” to all the following questions, you may be a fit for the team if your skill sets match the requirements below. The vast majority of those who don’t get hired or don’t last at Better Together is due to a lack of fit with these values, so they matter. Be prepared to have very candid conversations about them in our interview process.
- Do you have strong administrative skills? Detailed oriented and able to prioritize and manage multiple tasks at once?
- Are you a creative problem solver?
- Do big goals intimidate you? Or is the sky the limit?
- Do you see opportunities instead of obstacles?
- Do you strive for excellence in all that you do even when no one sees your work?
- Do you wholeheartedly agree with our mission and belief that foster care is not always the best option for children and families?
- Do you believe that true charity is a hand-up and not a handout?
- Do you have empathy for parents in crisis?
- Do you understand poverty and consider yourself culturally competent?
- Are you good at working as a team to solve problems? That no job is beneath you, and you are willing to help others as needed and be a team player?
- Are you quick on your feet? Able to work on a fast-paced team?
- Do you seize opportunities to try new things or improve a skill that’s relevant to your company or role?
- Are you able to build meaningful relationships (creating trust) with people you only see face-to-face a few times a month?
- Are you aware of your strengths and weaknesses, and do you practice getting help from others to mitigate your weaknesses?
- Are you okay with the status quo?
- Are you always trying to improve and do better?
- Do you have pride in your work? Even if no one is reviewing it?
- Are you self-disciplined and able to work in a remote setting?
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Charlotte County Family Coordinator will have four primary roles:
- Community Engagement
- Intakes and Family Conferences
- Case Management
- Volunteer engagement and cultivation
These roles break down into several responsibilities, including:
- Prospecting new community partnerships would result in referrals that are an excellent fit for Better Together and our mission.
- Community Presentations
- Regular meetings and presentations with the department of children and families
- Meetings with new and existing community partners
- Cultivating and ongoing engagement of community partnerships
Intakes and Family Conferences
- Assessment of Intakes
- Match clients to approved volunteer host family or family advocate
- Paperwork and Processing of Approved Intakes
- Coordinate and conduct family conferences between a family helped and volunteers serving and supporting the family.
- Build a team of trained family advocates and resource volunteers to engage and support families being served through Better Together.
- Support, Engagement, and Management of Volunteer Family Advocates.
- Adhere to all Better Together policies and procedures
- Coordination of wrap-around support services through local church coordinator and community partners.
- Uphold appropriate policies and procedures.
- Case recording and documentation
- Home visits and child safety assessment
- Volunteer coordination, support, and engagement
- Facilitate relationships between host families and other support volunteers with parents in need of support to help them establish an ongoing healthy and supportive relationship
Cultivating and engaging existing volunteers
- Share and connect volunteers to opportunities to serve and support families
- Cultivation and stewardship of volunteer relationships
- Debriefing volunteers after child hosting
- Thank you calls and cards
TIMING, LOCATION, & COMPENSATION
Better Together is seeking to fill this position by August 15, 2021. The job is full-time, which will require work in the evenings and weekends. In addition, Family Care Coordinators participate in our on-call schedule rotation. Better Together is headquartered in Naples, Florida, but this position must live in Charlotte County. The work is remote and requires a home office. A majority of time in this role will be spent in the community, helping families. Better Together offers a very competitive salary and benefits, including an incredible culture with a dynamic team.
Email Resume and Cover Letter to: Lora@bettertogetherus.org