The Better Together team is seeking a Program Support Specialist to oversee the organization’s administrative efforts in the Tampa Bay region. The Program Support Specialist will strengthen administrative support, primarily to the Family Care Coordinators, which will result in increasing our impact in the community. The administrative support will also help strengthen relationships with volunteers, community partners and clients in the community. The Program Support Specialist will report to the Regional Executive Director.
An ideal candidate, at a minimum, should have a bachelor’s degree and should feel called to minister to children and families in crisis and share our passion for freeing people from dependence on government welfare and poverty. We are looking for someone who has demonstrated strong skills in administration, data entry, project management and attention to detail. A successful candidate will be a self-starter who is comfortable working remotely, has a demonstrated ability to analyze data, can handle multiple projects at once and who thrives when challenged. Due to the nature of our work, candidates must be able to pass a Level 2 background check.
CULTURE AND FIT
The people who consistently succeed at Better Together are those whose actions and behavior reflect our five core values. If you adhere to these values and answer “yes” to each of these questions, you may be a fit.
- Owner’s Mindset: You are invested in the outcomes of our mission.
- Are you a self-starter who is able to take initiative in order to complete a task?
- Do you often seek opportunities for professional growth?
- Choosing Gratitude: There are many things in life that can make us upset. Every day we have a choice to either be negative or give thanks.
- Do you often go out of your way to help others?
- Have you written a thank-you card in the last 30 days?
- Are you a positive person who is more focused on opportunities instead of obstacles?
- Love Others: We aim to love others like Christ loves us. Our hope is that our lives would be filled and overflowing with love, so that we can make a difference in this world.
- Do people often say you are a good listener?
- Do you make decisions based on what’s best for others over yourself?
- Do you often find yourself looking for ways to make others feel empowered, important and appreciated?
- Partnership-Oriented: Internal and external relationships are not transactional. That starts with our team members and the perspective that we need the rest of the team to succeed in order to win personally.
- Are you comfortable creating your own structure for work, such as setting work hours, your own priorities, and creating clarity and a work plan from a broad goal?
- Do you tend to be the one who initiates conversations with colleagues, rather than waiting for them to come to you?
- The Sky is the Limit: We have a big vision at Better Together. No one on our team is counting hours or widgets. We are here to get results, and sometimes that will require going the extra mile or doing a job that isn’t technically ours.
- Do you often set yourself audacious goals?
- Do you wholeheartedly agree with our principles, which include that people’s lives are made better through work and that we can and will end the foster care crisis?
The vast majority of those who don’t get hired (or don’t last) at Better Together lack a fit with these values. Be prepared to have very candid conversations about them in our interview process.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Program Support Specialist will have four primary roles:
- Scheduling and Coordinating
- Volunteer Pipeline
- Data Entry and Management
These roles break down into several responsibilities, including:
- Research churches that might be a good fit for Better Together.
- Analyze data to determine communities of need.
- Research events and other partnerships that help Better Together further its impact.
- Research resources for families, such as housing and groups that assist financially.
Scheduling and Coordinating
- Schedule and confirm all details for church launches, which includes all materials needed, speakers, volunteers for support and anything else needed for their success.
- Schedule volunteer trainings throughout the year and alongside church launches.
- Assist with launches, trainings and events as needed.
- Schedule and assist with planning efforts for outreach and parent support events.
- Assist Family Care Coordinators with community referrals and follow-up.
- Create calendar events and to-do lists on Basecamp for events.
- Provide administrative support for volunteer appreciation receptions.
- Coordinate internship opportunities that will support programs.
- Ensure that all volunteer approval documentation is completed and documented accurately within the database and team scorecards.
- Track volunteer data and run regional volunteer reports.
- Oversee the volunteer pipeline, to ensure that volunteers are moving timely and efficiently through the process.
- Communicate with volunteers while in the process to ensure excellent customer service and support that results in approval (if appropriate) and engagement.
Data Entry and Management
- Create cases on Salesforce and upload all paperwork into files.
- Enter documentation into family files in Salesforce as needed.
- Ensure that all volunteer information is uploaded and complete.
- Enter all churches and community partnership relationships into Salesforce.
- Create and send reports to churches.
- Other duties as assigned.
TIMING, LOCATION & COMPENSATION
Better Together seeks to fill this position immediately. This is a full-time position with events occurring in the evening and on weekends. In addition, the program support specialist participates in our on-call schedule rotation. Better Together is headquartered in Naples, Florida, but this is a remote position. The candidate must live in the Tampa Bay region (Hillsborough, Pinellas, or Pasco counties). Better Together offers salary and benefits that are very competitive, including a great culture with a dynamic team.
Email resume and cover letter to: Hiring@bettertogetherus.org.