The Better Together team is seeking a Partnership Manager to oversee the organization’s efforts to build new relationships with churches, local donors, employers and other key community partners in the organization’s Southwest Florida region, which includes Collier, Lee, Charlotte, Sarasota and Manatee counties. The Partnership Manager will research and share our programs to help inspire more people to get involved and support the mission of Better Together. The Partnership Manager will report to the Region Executive Director and also work closely with the strategic partnership team.
An ideal candidate will have a minimum of a high school diploma; associate degree preferred. They should have a passion for the mission of Better Together and the work we do to strengthen families through compassionate community and employment.
We are looking for someone who has demonstrated strong sales skills, excellent verbal and written communication, and attention to detail. A successful candidate will be a self-starter who enjoys researching, prospecting and closing key partnerships in the community that will help further the mission of Better Together.
CULTURE AND FIT
The people who consistently succeed at Better Together are those whose actions and behavior reflect our five core values. If you adhere to these values and answer “yes” to each of these questions, you may be a fit.
- Owner’s Mindset: You are invested in the outcomes of our mission.
- Are you a self-starter who is able to take initiative in order to complete a task?
- Do you often seek opportunities for professional growth?
- Choosing Gratitude: There are many things in life that can make us upset. Every day we have a choice to either be negative or give thanks.
- Do you often go out of your way to help others?
- Have you written a thank-you card in the last 30 days?
- Are you a positive person who is more focused on opportunities instead of obstacles?
- Love Others: We aim to love others like Christ loves us. Our hope is that our lives would be filled and overflowing with love, so that we can make a difference in this world.
- Do people often say you are a good listener?
- Do you make decisions based on what’s best for others over yourself?
- Do you often find yourself looking for ways to make others feel empowered, important and appreciated?
- Partnership-Oriented: Internal and external relationships are not transactional. That starts with our team members and the perspective that we need the rest of the team to succeed in order to win personally.
- Are you comfortable creating your own structure for work, such as setting work hours, your own priorities, and creating clarity and a work plan from a broad goal?
- Do you tend to be the one who initiates conversations with colleagues, rather than waiting for them to come to you?
- The Sky is the Limit: We have a big vision at Better Together. No one on our team is counting hours or widgets. We are here to get results, and sometimes that will require going the extra mile or doing a job that isn’t technically ours.
- Do you often set yourself audacious goals?
- Do you wholeheartedly agree with our principles, which include that people’s lives are made better through work and that we can and will end the foster care crisis?
The vast majority of those who don’t get hired (or don’t last) at Better Together lack a fit with these values. Be prepared to have very candid conversations about them in our interview process.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Partnership Manager will have four primary roles:
- Prospecting and Closing
These roles break down into several responsibilities, including:
- Research potential churches, donors, employers and other key partners that would be a great fit for Better Together.
- Research network events that could result in new partnerships.
- Research speaking opportunities that could result in new partnerships.
Prospecting and Closing
- Manage strategy for local lead acquisition.
- Convert cold, warm and hot leads into Better Together partnerships.
- Create marketing emails to send to researched leads.
- Close meetings with potential partners.
- Track research, leads and conversion in CRM system.
- Conduct community presentations that result in potential leads for Better Together.
- Speak at church launches and other church-driven events that will result in additional partnerships (e.g. volunteers, donors, employers, etc.).
- Prospect events to maximize your efforts in connecting with the right partners.
- Build personal connections with those in attendance; learn more about individuals in attempt to find way we can collaborate and connect with new partners.
- Follow up with all leads from each event via email or phone call within 24 hours.
- Schedule calls or meetings with prospective leads.
- Other duties as assigned.
TIMING, LOCATION, & COMPENSATION
Better Together seeks to fill this position immediately. This is a full-time position with events occurring in the evening and weekends. Better Together is headquartered in Naples, Florida, but this is a remote position. The candidate must live in Naples. Better Together offers salary and benefits that are very competitive, including a great culture with a dynamic team.
Email resume and cover letter to: Hiring@bettertogetherus.org.