The Better Together team seeks an Outreach Director to organize, coordinate, lead, and execute community outreaches and events in the organization’s Central East Florida region, which includes Brevard, Martin, St. Lucie, Indian River and Okeechobee counties. The Outreach Director is key in building trust and relationships with key communities that result in more families served by Better Together hosting and mentoring programs.
An ideal candidate will have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in social work or another human service-related degree with at least three years of direct experience working with vulnerable children and families. They should feel called to minister to children and families in crisis and share our passion for keeping children out of foster care and families together. He or she will be a self-starter who is comfortable working remotely, has a demonstrated ability to organize events and outreaches, analyzes problems and finds creative solutions, and thrives when challenged.
CULTURE AND FIT
The people who consistently succeed at Better Together are those whose actions and behavior reflect our five core values. If you adhere to these values and answer “yes” to each of these questions, you may be a fit.
- Owner’s Mindset: You are invested in the outcomes of our mission.
- Are you a self-starter who is able to take initiative in order to complete a task?
- Do you often seek opportunities for professional growth?
- Choosing Gratitude: There are many things in life that can make us upset. Every day we have a choice to either be negative or give thanks.
- Do you often go out of your way to help others?
- Have you written a thank-you card in the last 30 days?
- Are you a positive person who is more focused on opportunities instead of obstacles?
- Love Others: We aim to love others like Christ loves us. Our hope is that our lives would be filled and overflowing with love, so that we can make a difference in this world.
- Do people often say you are a good listener?
- Do you make decisions based on what’s best for others over yourself?
- Do you often find yourself looking for ways to make others feel empowered, important and appreciated?
- Partnership-Oriented: Internal and external relationships are not transactional. That starts with our team members and the perspective that we need the rest of the team to succeed in order to win personally.
- Are you comfortable creating your own structure for work, such as setting work hours, your own priorities, and creating clarity and a work plan from a broad goal?
- Do you tend to be the one who initiates conversations with colleagues, rather than waiting for them to come to you?
- The Sky is the Limit: We have a big vision at Better Together. No one on our team is counting hours or widgets. We are here to get results, and sometimes that will require going the extra mile or doing a job that isn’t technically ours.
- Do you often set yourself audacious goals?
- Do you wholeheartedly agree with our principles, which include that people’s lives are made better through work and that we can and will end the foster care crisis?
The vast majority of those who don’t get hired (or don’t last) at Better Together lack a fit with these values. Be prepared to have very candid conversations about them in our interview process.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Outreach Director will have four primary roles:
- Program Awareness and Family Support
- Community Partnerships
- Church Engagement
- Volunteer Engagement
These roles break down into several responsibilities, including:
Program Awareness and Family Support
- Plan parent support events (e.g. Parents’ Night Out and Better Luncheons)
- Plan and coordinate outreach events (flyer walks, pop-up events, etc.)
- Coordinate parent support for families in need
- Build relationships and trust with families in the communities we serve
- Attend other community outreach events
- Assist with intakes as needed
- Build relationships with partners who work in key communities.
- Collaborate with community partners on program awareness events
- Make community presentations and engage in public speaking
- Identify and engage new targeted communities based on needs
- Help connect families to other community resources
- Speak at church launches and small group settings
- Engage churches with program awareness events and outreach
- Assist with volunteer recruitment and engagement
- Seek church support in parent support and wrap-around services
- Engage volunteers in program awareness events
- Build volunteer leaders and teams to assist with community outreach
- Adhere to all Better Together policies and procedures.
TIMING, LOCATION & COMPENSATION
Better Together seeks to fill this position as soon as possible. The job is full-time, which will require work in the evenings and weekends. In addition, the Outreach Director will participate in our on-call schedule rotation and support the Family Care Coordinators during times of heavy case volume and/or staff shortage. Better Together is headquartered in Naples, Florida. The candidate filling this role must live in Brevard, Martin, St. Lucie, Indian River or Okeechobee County. The work is remote and requires a home office. A majority of time in this role will be spent in the community, helping families. Better Together offers a very competitive salary and benefits, including an incredible culture with a dynamic team.
Email resume and cover letter to: Hiring@bettertogetherus.org.