The Better Together team seeks a Family Care Coordinator to oversee, manage and support families in crisis through our Better Families program in Southwest Florida—Collier, Lee, Charlotte, Sarasota, Manatee, DeSoto, Hendry and Glades Counties. He or she will match clients to approved volunteer host families or family advocates. They will discuss the referral details, match families needing help to volunteers, coordinate intakes/family conferences, and successfully support both families, resulting in successful reunification.
An ideal candidate will have a minimum of a master’s degree in social work or another human service-related degree with at least three years of direct experience working with vulnerable children and families. They should feel called to minister to children and families in crisis and share our passion for keeping children out of foster care and families together. They should have demonstrated skills in leadership, communication, organization, networking, coaching/training, and motivating volunteers and the community. He or she will be a self-starter who is comfortable working remotely, has a demonstrated ability to analyze problems and find creative solutions, and thrives when challenged.
CULTURE & FIT
Success at Better Together depends not only on a person’s skills but also on their ability to fit the culture of Better Together. If you answer “yes” to all the following questions, you may be a fit for the team if your skill sets match the requirements below. The vast majority of those who don’t get hired or don’t last at Better Together is due to a lack of fit with these values, so they matter. Be prepared to have very candid conversations about them in our interview process.
- Do you believe in people and their potential?
- Do you consider yourself a positive and optimistic person?
- Do you consider yourself a good coach and encourager?
- Are you okay working outside the typical 9-5 p.m. hours?
- Do you enjoy working on a fast-paced team?
- Do you have a personal connection to our mission?
- Do you believe the church can end the foster care crisis?
- Do you often find yourself helping your team when it’s needed?
- Do you like to read, listen to podcasts and find other opportunities to grow?
- Would your friends and family say you are a thankful person?
- Do you consider yourself patient?
- Do you consider yourself someone who has a lot of empathy for others?
- Are you a creative problem solver?
- Do you understand poverty and consider yourself culturally competent?
- Are you able to build meaningful relationships and easily create trust with others?
- Do you have pride in your work? Even if no one is reviewing it?
- Are you self-disciplined and able to work in a remote setting?
- Can you think outside the box to help a family get a good outcome?
- Are you willing to go above and beyond for the children and families we serve?
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Family Care Coordinator will have four primary roles:
- Community Engagement and Presentations
- Referrals and Family Conferences
- Volunteer and Family Support
- Cultivating and Engaging Existing Volunteers
These roles break down into several responsibilities, including:
Community Engagement and Presentations
- Prospecting new community partnerships that would result in referrals that are an excellent fit for Better Together and our mission
- Meet with new partners and help obtain appropriate MOU’s
- Community presentations and education
- Regular meetings and presentations with the Department of Children and Families
- Cultivating and ongoing engagement of community partnerships
Referrals and Family Conferences
- Manage referral pipeline
- Match families in need to approved volunteers
- Connect families to resources and support
- Paperwork and processing of approved referrals
- Coordinate and conduct family conferences
Volunteer and Family Support
- Manage and support the families we help from start to finish
- Be the main point person for volunteers serving
- Engage and support volunteers to assist families in crisis
- Adhere to all Better Together policies and procedures
- Help connect families to community resources
- Note recording and documentation
- Home visits to ensure child safety
Cultivating and engaging existing volunteers
- Share and connect volunteers to opportunities to serve and support families
- Cultivation and stewardship of volunteer relationships
- Debriefing volunteers after child hosting
- Thank you calls and cards
TIMING, LOCATION, & COMPENSATION
Better Together seeks to fill this position as soon as possible. The job is full-time and will require work in the evenings and weekends. In addition, Family Care Coordinators participate in our on-call schedule rotation. Better Together is headquartered in Naples, Florida, but this position must reside in Hendry, Glades or DeSoto County. The work is remote and requires a home office. A majority of time in this role will be spent in the community, helping families. Better Together offers a very competitive salary and benefits, including an incredible culture with a dynamic team.
Email resume and cover letter to: email@example.com.