The Better Together team seeks a Family Care Coordinator to oversee, manage and support families in crisis through our Better Families program in Southwest Florida—Collier, Lee, Charlotte, Sarasota, Manatee, DeSoto, Hendry and Glades Counties. He or she will match clients to approved volunteer host families or family advocates. They will discuss the referral details, match families needing help to volunteers, coordinate intakes/family conferences, and successfully support both families, resulting in successful reunification.
An ideal candidate will have a minimum of a master’s degree in social work or another human service-related degree with at least three years of direct experience working with vulnerable children and families. They should feel called to minister to children and families in crisis and share our passion for keeping children out of foster care and families together. They should have demonstrated skills in leadership, communication, organization, networking, coaching/training, and motivating volunteers and the community. He or she will be a self-starter who is comfortable working remotely, has a demonstrated ability to analyze problems and find creative solutions, and thrives when challenged.
CULTURE & FIT
The people who consistently succeed at Better Together are those whose actions and behavior reflect our five core values. If you adhere to these values and answer “yes” to each of these questions, you may be a fit.
- Owner’s Mindset: You are invested in the outcomes of our mission.
- Are you a self-starter who is able to take initiative in order to complete a task?
- Do you often seek opportunities for professional growth?
- Choosing Gratitude: There are many things in life that can make us upset. Every day we have a choice to either be negative or give thanks.
- Do you often go out of your way to help others?
- Have you written a thank-you card in the last 30 days?
- Are you a positive person who is more focused on opportunities instead of obstacles?
- Love Others: We aim to love others like Christ loves us. Our hope is that our lives would be filled and overflowing with love, so that we can make a difference in this world.
- Do people often say you are a good listener?
- Do you make decisions based on what’s best for others over yourself?
- Do you often find yourself looking for ways to make others feel empowered, important and appreciated?
- Partnership-Oriented: Internal and external relationships are not transactional. That starts with our team members and the perspective that we need the rest of the team to succeed in order to win personally.
- Are you comfortable creating your own structure for work, such as setting work hours, your own priorities, and creating clarity and a work plan from a broad goal?
- Do you tend to be the one who initiates conversations with colleagues, rather than waiting for them to come to you?
- The Sky is the Limit: We have a big vision at Better Together. No one on our team is counting hours or widgets. We are here to get results, and sometimes that will require going the extra mile or doing a job that isn’t technically ours.
- Do you often set yourself audacious goals?
- Do you wholeheartedly agree with our principles, which include that people’s lives are made better through work and that we can and will end the foster care crisis?
The vast majority of those who don’t get hired (or don’t last) at Better Together lack a fit with these values. Be prepared to have very candid conversations about them in our interview process.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Family Care Coordinator will have four primary roles:
- Community Engagement and Presentations
- Referrals and Family Conferences
- Volunteer and Family Support
- Cultivating and Engaging Existing Volunteers
These roles break down into several responsibilities, including:
Community Engagement and Presentations
- Prospecting new community partnerships that would result in referrals that are an excellent fit for Better Together and our mission
- Meet with new partners and help obtain appropriate MOU’s
- Community presentations and education
- Regular meetings and presentations with the Department of Children and Families
- Cultivating and ongoing engagement of community partnerships
Referrals and Family Conferences
- Manage referral pipeline
- Match families in need to approved volunteers
- Connect families to resources and support
- Paperwork and processing of approved referrals
- Coordinate and conduct family conferences
Volunteer and Family Support
- Manage and support the families we help from start to finish
- Be the main point person for volunteers serving
- Engage and support volunteers to assist families in crisis
- Adhere to all Better Together policies and procedures
- Help connect families to community resources
- Note recording and documentation
- Home visits to ensure child safety
Cultivating and engaging existing volunteers
- Share and connect volunteers to opportunities to serve and support families
- Cultivation and stewardship of volunteer relationships
- Debriefing volunteers after child hosting
- Thank you calls and cards
TIMING, LOCATION, & COMPENSATION
Better Together seeks to fill this position as soon as possible. The job is full-time and will require work in the evenings and weekends. In addition, Family Care Coordinators participate in our on-call schedule rotation. Better Together is headquartered in Naples, Florida, but this position must reside in Hendry. The work requires a home office. A majority of time in this role will be spent in the community, helping families. Better Together offers a very competitive salary and benefits, including an incredible culture with a dynamic team.
Email resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.