ABOUT BETTER TOGETHER:
Better Together is committed to eliminating the root causes of poverty, dependency, divorce, and child abuse by harnessing the influence of local churches. Through the empowerment of struggling families with supportive relationships and meaningful work, we pave the way for independence, unity, and prosperity.
The Better Together team is in search of a dynamic Faith-Based Relationship Connector to spearhead efforts in establishing new relationships with Florida’s faith leaders and churches. This role presents an exciting opportunity for an individual who thrives on creating fresh connections, managing systems and structures, and demonstrates persistence and discipline in achieving goals. The ideal candidate will be responsible for prospecting individual faith leaders, faith networks, churches, and events to bring in new church partners.
The ideal candidate should possess relevant sales experience and a proven track record in successfully marketing an organization to faith leaders and churches. Persistence, professionalism, and the ability to persevere through initial setbacks are crucial. The candidate should enjoy research, have no fear of making introductory calls or meeting new people at events, and exhibit demonstrated leadership, communication, and organizational skills. A self-starter who thrives in challenging environments and is comfortable working remotely with a knack for finding creative solutions will excel in this role.
CULTURE AND FIT
The people who consistently succeed at Better Together are those whose actions and behavior reflect our five core values. If you adhere to these values and answer “yes” to each of these questions, you may be a fit.
- Owner’s Mindset: You are invested in the outcomes of our mission.
- Are you a self-starter who is able to take initiative in order to complete a task?
- Do you often seek opportunities for professional growth?
- Choosing Gratitude: There are many things in life that can make us upset. Every day we have a choice to either be negative or give thanks.
- Do you often go out of your way to help others?
- Have you written a thank-you card in the last 30 days?
- Are you a positive person who is more focused on opportunities instead of obstacles?
- Love Others: We aim to love others like Christ loves us. Our hope is that our lives would be filled and overflowing with love, so that we can make a difference in this world.
- Do people often say you are a good listener?
- Do you make decisions based on what’s best for others over yourself?
- Do you often find yourself looking for ways to make others feel empowered, important and appreciated?
- Partnership-Oriented: Internal and external relationships are not transactional. That starts with our team members and the perspective that we need the rest of the team to succeed in order to win personally.
- Are you comfortable creating your own structure for work, such as setting work hours, your own priorities, and creating clarity and a work plan from a broad goal?
- Do you tend to be the one who initiates conversations with colleagues, rather than waiting for them to come to you?
- The Sky is the Limit: We have a big vision at Better Together. No one on our team is counting hours or widgets. We are here to get results, and sometimes that will require going the extra mile or doing a job that isn’t technically ours.
- Do you often set yourself audacious goals?
- Do you wholeheartedly agree with our principles, which include that people’s lives are made better through work and that we can and will end the foster care crisis?
The vast majority of those who don’t get hired (or don’t last) at Better Together lack a fit with these values. Be prepared to have very candid conversations about them in our interview process.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Lead Outreach
- Manage the strategy for lead acquisition.
- Run a direct mail prospecting program.
- Create and manage direct referrals for gaining new leads.
- Develop and manage church prospecting events and strategies.
2. Lead/Prospect Research
- Conduct research on leads to identify likely prospects.
- Qualify prospects based on characteristics of Better Together’s best long-term investors.
- Research new faith partners and churches.
3. Manage Prospect Pipeline Conversion Strategy:
- Reach out to high-value leads to build initial relationships.
- Educate prospects about Better Together’s programs and assess their level of interest.
- Seek introductory meetings with faith leaders, churches and decision-makers.
4. Scheduling Prospect Meetings & Follow-Up:
- Set up meetings for designated closers with qualified prospective churches.
- Prepare closer with church research prior to meetings.
- Manage follow-up from initial meetings until the church is officially a partner.
TIMING, LOCATION AND COMPENSATION
Better Together seeks to fill this position as soon as possible. The organization’s headquarters are in Naples, Florida, and our teams live in the communities they serve. This position requires the applicant live in the state of Florida. Better Together has built a highly successful remote work culture over the past decade with systems and structures designed for clarity, flexibility, and great communication. Key elements of the environment include:
- Weekly team meetings with clear accountability and the opportunity to solve issues as a team.
- Quarterly in-person team meetings at which you’ll build deeper relationships, set clear goals aligned with the Better Together vision, and brainstorm how to seize new opportunities
- An intensive 90-day orientation to familiarize you with the Better Together team, our policies, and how we operate
- Home office setup, including equipment and communication tools you need to hit the ground running
Better Together offers a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes a health benefit and generous paid leave plan.
If you are a dedicated individual passionate about making a positive impact within the community and possess the skills to connect faith leaders and churches with our mission, we invite you to apply for this unique opportunity.
Email resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.