Better Together works to end the root causes of poverty, dependency, divorce and child abuse by leveraging the power of the local church to provide struggling families with supportive relationships and meaningful work. Once properly supported, families can achieve independence, stay together and thrive.
Better Jobs, a ministry of Better Together, is a program designed to be delivered through local churches to help their community find hope and dignity through employment. Better Jobs trains, equips and supports churches in establishing, maintaining and growing this employment ministry in their local community.
Better Together is looking for an additional project manager to work hand in hand with our great church partners. They will train, support and equip churches from start to finish as they start their jobs ministry.
The ideal candidate should have experience in project management and enjoy working in an agile environment. They should have demonstrated leadership, communication, organization and networking skills. He or she should be a self-starter who thrives when challenged and is comfortable working remotely, have a demonstrated ability to deal with ambiguity, analyze programs and find creative solutions.
CULTURE AND FIT
The people who consistently succeed at Better Together are those whose actions and behavior reflect our five core values. If you adhere to these values and answer “yes” to each of these questions, you may be a fit.
- Owner’s Mindset: You are invested in the outcomes of our mission.
- Are you a self-starter who is able to take initiative in order to complete a task?
- Do you often seek opportunities for professional growth?
- Choosing Gratitude: There are many things in life that can make us upset. Every day we have a choice to either be negative or give thanks.
- Do you often go out of your way to help others?
- Have you written a thank-you card in the last 30 days?
- Are you a positive person who is more focused on opportunities instead of obstacles?
- Love Others: We aim to love others like Christ loves us. Our hope is that our lives would be filled and overflowing with love, so that we can make a difference in this world.
- Do people often say you are a good listener?
- Do you make decisions based on what’s best for others over yourself?
- Do you often find yourself looking for ways to make others feel empowered, important and appreciated?
- Partnership-Oriented: Internal and external relationships are not transactional. That starts with our team members and the perspective that we need the rest of the team to succeed in order to win personally.
- Are you comfortable creating your own structure for work, such as setting work hours, your own priorities, and creating clarity and a work plan from a broad goal?
- Do you tend to be the one who initiates conversations with colleagues, rather than waiting for them to come to you?
- The Sky is the Limit: We have a big vision at Better Together. No one on our team is counting hours or widgets. We are here to get results, and sometimes that will require going the extra mile or doing a job that isn’t technically ours.
- Do you often set yourself audacious goals?
- Do you wholeheartedly agree with our principles, which include that people’s lives are made better through work and that we can and will end the foster care crisis?
The vast majority of those who don’t get hired (or don’t last) at Better Together lack a fit with these values. Be prepared to have very candid conversations about them in our interview process.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Better Jobs Project Manager will have four primary roles, broken down into key responsibilities. They are:
Training, Support and Cultivation
- Lead churches and volunteers through Better Jobs ministry trainings
- Attend job fairs and support Better Jobs Ministry launches
- Nurture and cultivate church cohorts and partners
- Lead churches and support them as they start their Better Jobs Ministry
- Manage detailed project schedule and work plan, which includes meeting with churches on a weekly or bi-weekly basis to help churches successfully implement and sustain their jobs ministry
- Manage multiple job fairs simultaneously, which are at different stages of the process
- Provide problem-solving support to partner churches to determine and define project scope and objectives
- Create and manage website forms for job fairs
- Export and share data to church and key partners
- Coordinate marketing materials with marketing and communications team
- Step in as needed to ensure a successful job fair
- Debrief churches, businesses and volunteers to seek feedback to help further innovate model
- Work with Partnership Manager for Florida church partners to assist and coordinate partners
Data and Reporting
- Run reports and share data
- Measure project performance to identify areas of improvement
- Use best practices, techniques, and standards throughout the entire project’s execution
- Ensure that each job fair maintains success benchmarks
Job Coaching and Employer Management and Support
- Nurture Better Jobs employer partners who engage with Better Jobs
- Match job coaches to job seekers
- Provide support to job coach volunteers as needed
- Update employer information for job coaches
- Assist other Better Together team members with job coaches and job placement recommendations for families
- Track job coaching and job seeker interactions and job placement
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in project management
- Technological requirements: Salesforce, Zapier, WordPress and Basecamp
- Match Better Together’s core values (described above)
TIMING, LOCATION AND COMPENSATION
Better Together seeks to fill this position as soon as possible. The organization’s headquarters are in Naples, Florida, but nearly all the Better Together staff work remotely. Better Together has built a highly successful remote work culture over the past decade with systems and structures designed for clarity, flexibility, and great communication. Key elements of the environment include:
- Weekly team meetings with clear accountability and the opportunity to solve issues as a team.
- Quarterly in-person team meetings at which you’ll build deeper relationships, set clear goals aligned with the Better Together vision, and brainstorm how to seize new opportunities
- An intensive 90-day orientation to familiarize you with the Better Together team, our policies, and how we operate
- Home office setup, including equipment and communication tools you need to hit the ground running
Better Together offers a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes a health benefit and generous paid leave plan. Please email a cover letter and resume to Hiring@bettertogetherus.org.