Does this sound like you?
- You have experience in human services, but want to do something new and creative.
- You passionate about serving families in crisis.
- You often look at complex problems and barriers families are facing, and ask yourself “what if we could…” and wish you had more tools to serve them.
- You recognize the local church is a force for hope and practical solutions.
- You a natural leader who enjoys supervising and empowering talented people.
- You value highly value quality, safety, and standards.
- You a communicator who enjoys telling stories and sharing your passion with other people.
If this sounds like you, then we may have a job for you!
Who we are:
Better Together is an organization that helps parents going through a hard time keep their kids out of foster care, find work, and address the root causes of their struggle so that they can reunite as a family with the tools and support system to thrive. We are a privately funded and professionally supported organization, made up of volunteers who believe helping people help themselves is the best way to restore dignity and bring families together.
We are a creative, entrepreneurial non-profit focused on keeping families together by offering support and preventative services which empower the whole person and the entire family.
We empower the local church to address the root causes of diminished dignity and the breakdown of families and communities. We provide families with supportive relationships, access to mentorship and job opportunities, and the encouragement to believe that transformation is possible.
We are a growing organization with two main programs: Better Families and Better Work. The Better Families Director will oversee the Better Families ministry in Sarasota, Manatee and Charlotte Counties. The job includes managing the following: people, resources, communications, best practices, and program quality.
- Take ownership help start up the Better Families Program in Sarasota, Manatee, and Charlotte Counties.
- Supervise and empower the Better Families team
- Recruit new and cultivate existing church partners
- Prospect and cultivate foundations and donors with an interest in the Better Families program. **Must be comfortable fundraiser**
- Speak and publicly represent the Better Families Program
- Recruit, support, and cultivate relationships with key community partners
- Prospect and cultivate media partners to share the story
- Create and share Better Families communications content through email, social media, and public speaking opportunities
- Ensure and manage program quality, including safety, compliance, and best practices
- A critical and strategic thinker
- A team player
- A generous leader who empowers more than manages
- Authentic and approachable
- Compassionate and kind toward all audiences: families, staff, volunteers, church partners, and community partners
- Skilled in de-escalation, trauma-informed care, and other needed areas of expertise needed to guide the team through complex scenarios with families in crisis
- Positive and optimistic
- An adaptable communicator who can connect easily with multiple audiences
- An engaging public speaker who can cast a compelling vision
- Passionate and driven to serve families and achieve big goals
- Skilled in time management and personal integrity; as a remote employee, this person must be a self-starter who can work independently and get the job done with minimal supervision
The Better Families Director will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer and serve on the senior leadership team.
The Director must live in Manatee or Sarasota County. This is a remote position; the Better Families Director will work from a home office and will meet regularly with the Florida-based team in person.
A successful candidate will bring at least ten years of experience in human services and at least five years of prior supervision experience. In addition, he or she will have a master’s in social work or a related field.