Director of Operations
Who you are:
- Do you have a gift for administration, building systems, and overseeing operations?
- Are you passionate about making sure people and resources are put to their highest and
- Do you enjoy managing and interpreting data to assess the quality and inform
- Do you like a good challenge and enjoy working across teams and on multiple complex
projects at once?
- Do you take ownership and drive measurable results over the areas you’ve been
charged with directing?
- Do you enjoy learning to use new web platforms and tools to solve problems and streamline information?
- If you’ve answered yes to these questions, then we may have a job for you!
Who we are:
Better Together is a creative, entrepreneurial non-profit focused on keeping families together
by offering support and preventative services which empower the whole person and the entire
We empower the local church to address the root causes of diminished dignity and the
breakdown of families and communities. We provide families with supportive relationships,
access to mentorship and job opportunities, and the encouragement to believe that
transformation is possible.
We are a growing organization with two main programs: Better Families and Better Work. The
Director of Operations will work closely with the directors of both programs, as well as the Chief
Executive Officer, to oversee human resources, financial systems, data management, and
- People Management: Works directly with the Better Families and Better Work Program
Directors and manages contractors offering a variety of support functions
- Systems and Data Management: Improve existing systems, and implement new ones,
for collecting data, storing information, running reports, tracking program performance,
and managing financial information.
- Managing Software and Web Platforms: Utilizing Salesforce, Basecamp, Zapier, and other tools to manage and streamline information.
- Support Donor Relations: Create and maintain systems for tracking donor life cycles,
grant calendars, and financial reporting for key Better Together supporters.
- Detail orientation
- Experience designing and maintaining complex systems and operations
- Data management and application
- Interpersonal and conflict management
- Clear, direct communication
- Leadership, which is demonstrated through supporting and empowering others
- Experience managing people and teams
- Strength with numbers, data, and financial information
- Resourceful, collaborative problem solver
- Proficient in Salesforce
- Time management and personal integrity; as a remote employee, this person must be a
self-starter who can work independently and get the job done with minimal supervision
The Director of Operations will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer and serve on the
senior leadership team.
A successful candidate will bring at least five years of experience managing systems, data,
budgets, operations, and people.
Familiarity with financial management and human resources are a plus.
The Director must live in, or be willing to relocate, to Southwest Florida.
Interested candidates should email their resumes to: Leah@bettertogetherus.org.