Better Families Director
Who you are:
- Do you have experience in human services, but want to do something new and creative?
- Are you passionate about serving families in crisis?
- When you look at complex problems and barriers families are facing, do you often ask
yourself “what if,” and wish you had more tools or opportunities to serve them?
- Do you believe the local church is a force for hope and practical solutions?
- Are you a natural leader who enjoys supporting and empowering talented people?
- Do you value highly value quality, safety, and standards?
- Are you an excellent communicator who enjoys telling stories and sharing your passion
with other people?
- If you’ve answered yes to these questions, then we may have a job for you!
Who we are:
Better Together is a creative, entrepreneurial non-profit focused on keeping families together
by offering support and preventative services which empower the whole person and the entire
We empower the local church to address the root causes of diminished dignity and the
breakdown of families and communities. We provide families with supportive relationships,
access to mentorship and job opportunities, and the encouragement to believe that
transformation is possible.
We are a growing organization with two main programs: Better Families and Better Work. The
Director of Better Families will oversee the Better Families ministry, including people,
resources, communications, best practices, and program quality.
- Take ownership over and lead the Better Families Program
- Supervise, support and empower the Better Families team
- Recruit new and cultivate existing church partners
- Prospect and cultivate foundations and donors with an interest in the Better Families
- Speak and publicly represent the Better Families Program
- Recruit, support, and cultivate relationships with key community partners
- Expand the Better Families program across the state of Florida
- Prospect and cultivate media partners to share the story
- Create and share Better Families communications content through email, social media,
and public speaking opportunities
- Work directly with families by supporting Better Families team and volunteer families
- Ensure and manage program quality, including safety, compliance, and best practices
- Critical and strategic thinker
- Team player
- Generous leader who empowers more than manages
- Authenticity and approachability
- Compassion and kindness expressed toward all audiences: families, staff, volunteers,
church partners, and community partners
- De-escalation, trauma informed care, and other needed expertise for guiding the team
through complex scenarios with families in crisis
- Positivity and optimism
- Adaptable communicator who can connect easily with multiple audiences
- Engaging public speaker who can cast a compelling vision
Passion and drive for serving families and successfully achieving big goals
- Detail oriented
- Time management and personal integrity; as a remote employee, this person must be a
self-starter who can work independently and get the job done with minimal supervision
The Better Families Director will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer and serve on the
senior leadership team.
The Director must live in, or be willing to relocate, to Southwest Florida.
A successful candidate will bring a wealth of knowledge and experience to the team. In
addition, it’s preferred that he or she will have a master’s in social work or a related field
Interested candidates should email their resumes to: Leah@bettertogetherus.org.